recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
This recipe features spiralizing, which is the fancy name for "the art of turning vegetables and fruits into noodles." Spiralized "pasta" is nutritious, filling, and very easy to make! All you need is a spiralizer to transform healthy, low-calorie, low-carb vegetables into a giant bowl of "pasta"! Top the meal with the right sauce and protein, and you’ve got a delicious dish in minutes.
Spiralized vegetable "pasta" is great because it is inherently...
- low carb friendly,
- vegan and vegetarian friendly,
- unprocessed, and
- chock-full of healthy vitamins and minerals!
This recipe takes only 4, easy steps:
- Make the noodles.
- Sauté the vegetables.
- Make the sauce.
- Combine it all together!
Use a sprializer or vegetable peeler to make zucchinis into thin noodles.
For the Sautéed Vegetables
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked to re-plump!)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Sauté vegetables in coconut oil on medium heat until just softened.
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours
- 1⁄2 cup basil, packed
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Pinch sea salt
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add additional water if desired.
- Sauce can be heated gently on stove.
- Toss together with raw zucchini noodles and sautéed vegetables for a delicious and nutritious meal.
Tried it and loved it? Let us know in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.