Superfood Hot Chocolate
recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
Warm up this winter by sipping on some Hot Chocolate that's actually good for you!
- Raw cacao powder is high in antioxidants and isn't loaded with sugar like most commercially available pre-mixed hot chocolate powders.
- Coconut oil will help boost your energy to keep you and the kids outside longer, enjoying the beauty of Canadian winters.
2 cups coconut milk
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tbsp cinnamon
pinch of Himalayan Salt
Optional add-ins: Goji berries, maca powder, hemp seeds
- On low heat, warm coconut milk on stove top.
- Place heated milk into blender.
- Add cacao, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and Himalayan salt (plus optional add-ins).
- Blend for one minute.
- Pour into two mugs and enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Tried it and loved it? Let us know in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.