Easy & Healthy Overnight Mini Chia Seed Breakfast Puddings
recipe by: Kate, busy, working new Mom
Have you been looking for a healthy and easy treat for your staff meeting? Carbs and coffee aren't a good way to start the day, and fruit and veggie trays are healthy but oh-so passé. What's a person to do?!
Well, since NutriChem staff are so health conscious, Kate decided to go all out for a recent morning staff meeting! These Chia Seed Breakfast Puddings are delicious, nutritious, and very easy to make. Prepared from the night before, they are easily transported to work, and sure to be a big hit with your colleagues. This pudding is also great for snacks, and they're kid-friendly: Kate's 11 month old toddler gobbled hers right up! (No, she was not at the staff meeting!)
Yield: This recipe makes 15 mini serving cups. (Serving size for 5 people is in bold and in brackets).
Ingredients - pudding
- 6 cups unsweetened almond & coconut milk (we used Natur-a’s Unsweetened Fortified Almond & Coconut Beverage) (1 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/3 cup of dark chia seeds (we used Organic Traditions Dark Chia Seeds) (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (we used about 1/3 cup, as we don’t like it as sweet) (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (1/4 tsp)
- 2 pinches Himalayan Sea Salt (1 pinch)
- 15 plastic mini champagne glasses, or small individual glasses or cups (5 small cups)
Ingredients - Toppings
- Fresh berries
- Optional: mint leaf garnish and sprinkle of cinnamon on top
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix by hand using a whisk or spoon to break up any clumped chia seeds. [Pro tip: add chia seed first in bowl, then liquids!]
- Let mixture thicken a bit, either on counter or in fridge, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill each glass just less than 3/4 full with pudding. (The pudding will expand, so do not fill all the way to the top!)
- Let set for another 30 minutes to 1 hour covered in fridge. We put the containers into a large container and put the lid on.
- Top with fresh berries, or any other garnishes.
- Let the puddings set in fridge for at least 4 hours, or leave overnight to serve in the morning.
- Be praised by fellow co-workers for a healthy, delicious and filling breakfast snack!
Tried it and loved it? Let us know in the comments below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.