Chickpea and Baby Spinach Caesar Wrap
Chick Pea and Baby Spinach Caesar Wrap
It’s feeling like summer more and more every day! I don’t know about you, but I find it helpful to have a few easy to prepare “no-cook” recipes for the hottest of days. This recipe features succulent baby spinach and delicious homemade caesar dressing. If you prefer chicken, swap out some or all of the chickpeas with precooked chicken breast. Rich in fibre, protein, and flavour, you will love this fast, easy and inexpensive recipe!!
6 cups organic baby spinach
4 cups cooked chick peas (if using canned, be sure they are BPA free)
1/4 cup homemade caesar dressing (see below)
Optional: 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
4 large wraps
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
1/4 cup macadamia nuts, soaked for 4-6 hours
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4-1/2 cup filtered water (adjust based upon desired consistency)
2 lemons, juiced
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 fresh basil leaves, minced
Salt and pepper
- Prepare dressing first by combining all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth. Pour into a glass container and refrigerate. Use within 5 days.
- Rince and dry baby spinach. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain and rinse chick peas. Dump them onto a clean, dry dish towel and blot until dry. Add to mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of homemade dressing to the bowl and gently toss until well combined.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture on each wrap.
- Top with 1/4 of alfalfa sprouts.
- Fold in the sides of the wrap and then roll up.
- Eat up!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.