Glowing Green Mash Potatoes
Recipe by Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
White potatoes always get a bad rap since they aren’t as nutrient dense as other veggies. I personally love a good mashed potato, so I went ahead and upgraded them with some greens, perfect timing for St. Patricks Day!
- 6 Large Yukon Potatoes
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup spinach packed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Scrub potatoes, cut them into 1/4’s for quicker cooking time and add them to a large pot of water, then bring to a boil for approximately 20-25 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender)
2. Steam broccoli for 15 minutes, add the spinach for the last 5 minutes.
3. In a food processor add almond milk, ghee, garlic, steamed broccoli and spinach, blend well until a smooth texture forms.
4. Drain potatoes, add to large bowl and add the veggie puree
5. Mash well with a potato masher until thoroughly combined.
6. Serve with some festive Irish sausages and roasted veggies!
Laura is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert. Holistic nutrition is a combination of modern science and time-tested wisdom based on the philosophy that each person has unique nutritional requirements. Laura specializes in working with clients who have digestive issues, food intolerances and autoimmune conditions. If you’re unsure of where to start, she will guide you in the right direction to improve your health at your own comfortable pace. She will suit your individual needs through customized nutrition protocols and meal planning.
Laura recognizes the importance of ongoing education as the health industry is forever evolving. Through whole foods, lifestyle improvements and proper supplementation Laura will support you to bring your health back to balance. As a Culinary Nutrition Expert, she is passionate about being in the kitchen creating delicious recipes with ingredients that support optimal health.
Learn more about Laura!
Click here for Laura's recipes.
Call: 613-820-4200 to book an appointment with Laura
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.