Icaridin (also known as Picaridin) was developed by Bayer in the 1980s. It’s a synthetic replica of a natural compound found in pepper plants known as piperine. Proven as a very successful insect repellent in Europe, Icaridin has been licensed for use in Canada since 2012. Care Plus™ Icaridin is a highly effective, DEET-free insect repellent that is safe for the whole family while remaining gentle on outdoor gear.
Care Plus™ Icaridin provides
12 hours of protection against mosquitoes and ticks, and 10 hours of protection against black flies.
Studies show that Icaridin at a 20% concentration repels mosquitoes and ticks at least as well as DEET 30% and provides longer-lasting protection.
Non-scented, non-irritating Care Plus™ Icaridin can be safely used on adults, children and babies
6 months and older.
In contrast, DEET 30% repellents are not recommended for children under age 12 and must be applied more often for full protection.
Care Plus™ Icaridin is not greasy or sticky, which makes it the perfect solution for outdoor activities.
It’s also gentle on gear and won’t damage clothing, backpacks, sunglasses, watches, fishing line or other synthetic items.
Active Ingredient: icaridin 20%
Directions: Hold 15 to 20cm (6-8”) from skin while spraying, keeping nozzle pointed away from face. Slightly moisten skin with a slow sweeping motion. Apply sparingly, not under clothing and only when necessary. Do not apply directly to face or to excessively sunburned skin. TO APPLY TO FACE: Spray hands and apply avoiding eyes and mouth. Apply sparingly around ears. Do not spray in enclosed spaces. Reapply if necessary, after 12 hours for protection from mosquitoes and ticks, and 10 hours for protection from black flies.
Caution: Supervise applications on children. Do not apply to the hands of smaller children. Do not use on infants under 6 months of age. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, cuts, wounds or irritated skin.
Do not store near heat sources, sparks or open flame. Do not smoke while applying.
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If swallowed: Call a physician or poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical attention.
Store in a cool, dry place out of the reach of children. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame.
Do not re-use empty container. Wrap and dispose of empty container with household garbage.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place to preserve freshness.